The biggest cultural phenomenon is heading to the Twin Cities this August through October for a six week run at the historic Orpheum Theatre off Hennepin Ave in Minneapolis. While tickets have been on sale now for a few weeks (and can be pretty expensive), many missed their chance or 'threw away through shot' to get these coveted seats. However I am here to say there is another way to see this multi-Tony award winning show and the answer is in the palm of your hand.
Starting with the show's first performance on Wednesday, August 29, there will be a total of 40 tickets that will be sold for every performance through their digital lottery. The #HAM4HAM Lottery will offer patrons $10 tickets and each winning entrant may purchase up to two tickets. and here is everything you need to know on how to enter.
How to Enter
- First download the official app for HAMILTON which is available for all iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and the Google Play store.
- The lottery will open at 11 a.m. CT, two days prior to the performance date and will close for entry at 9 a.m. CT the day prior to the performance.
- Winner and non-winner notifications will be sent approximately 11 a.m. CT the day prior to the performance via email and SMS (if mobile number is provided...I highly suggest providing)
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or participate.
- Only one entry per person.. Repeat entries and disposable email addresses will be discarded.
- Tickets must be purchased online with a credit card by 4:00 PM CT the day prior to the performance using the purchase link and code in a customized notification email. Tickets not claimed by 4:00 PM CT the day prior to the performance are forfeited.
- Lottery tickets may be picked up at will call beginning 2 hours prior to the performance with a valid photo ID. Lottery tickets void if resold.
Patrons must be 18 years or older and have a valid, non-expired photo ID that matches the name used to enter. Tickets are non-transferable. Ticket limits and prices displayed are at the sole discretion of the show and are subject to change without notice.
Lottery prices are not valid on prior purchases. Lottery ticket offer cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions. All sales final - no refunds or exchanges. Lottery may be revoked or modified at any time without notice. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning.
don't throw away your shot!
This is by far the best deal in getting HAMILTON tickets. While it's a gamble and a lottery, you still could have a great shot at getting seats for a low price. The perks are anyone (with a few limitations) can enter and you can enter straight from the comfort of your own home everyday. No need to wait outside in a rush line or to go down to Hennepin Ave.